Welcome to the Commander in Chief Wiki
Commander in Chief is an American drama television series that focused on the fictional administration and family of Mackenzie Allen (portrayed by Geena Davis), the first female President of the United States, who ascends to the role from the Vice Presidency after the death of the sitting President from a sudden cerebral aneurysm.
- President Mackenzie "Mac" Allen – former member of Congress from Connecticut and chancellor of the University of Richmond, an Independent chosen by Republican President Theodore Roosevelt "Teddy" Bridges as his running mate and duly elected. The first female vice president and, on Bridges's death, the first female president.
- First Gentleman Rod Calloway – Allen's husband; formerly her vice presidential chief of staff.
- Speaker of the House Nathan Templeton – Republican congressional leader from Florida and Bridges's choice to succeed him as president. Has significant resentment toward President Allen. This was Sutherland's first regular role on a television series.
- White House Chief of Staff Jim Gardner – formerly President Bridges's chief of staff, asked by President Allen to continue into her administration. Mac later offered him to be her Vice President after Warren Keaton resigns and he accepts.
- Press Secretary Kelly Ludlow – brought into Allen's administration from her vice presidential residential staff; formerly her communications director.